PERMALIGHT® Corner + Flat Surface Foam Guards & 2D and 3D corners
1. What material makes up this cushion?
- Recyclable Polyurethane Foam
2. How is this item installed?
- Most Types: self-adhesive strips.
- Clean surface that item shall be applied to. Remove red-colored protective silicone strip and press, apply bumper guard to clean, dry, dust-free surface.
- Type B: non-adhesive.
- Clean surface that item shall be applied to. Press B-groove onto I-beam. If stronger bond is desired, apply special adhesive (available separately: Item-No.: 83-0789) for improved attachment. Then firmly press-apply bumper guard type B to clean, dry, dust-free surface.
- Several Types NOW NEW: come with Steel Support + 6 Screws/ 6 Anchors. Position Bumper in place, mark screw holes with pencil. Pre-drill holes, insert anchor, then screw mount bumper to surface.
3. Is mounting hardware included? Yes: screws and anchors for those Bumpers with Steel Support.
- NO mounting hardware needed for Adhesive-supported Types and squeeze-on Type B.
- 4. What can this material be mounted to?
- Types A, A+, E, H, H+ and H+Steel: any corner with 90° angle, typically wall corners, machinery, equipment, overhead protrusions, objects like ladders, mail/delivery carts, etc.
- Types B, G: ideal on I-Beam shelves
- Types C, C+, D, F: any flat surface, e.g., on machinery, equipment, walls, shelves, equipment, forklifts, trucks, overhead protrusions; in parking garages to avoid dings and scrapes on car doors.
- Type R1 + R2: on pipes and other round obstacles; underneath parking garage gate arms.
- Type S1, S1Steel: in loading dock areas; parking garages; where very strong wall protection is needed.
- 2D + 3D Corners: as end-caps for continuous bumper types A, B, C; on pointed furniture corners (bookcases, metal filing cabinets, etc).
5. Can this material be used indoors, outdoors or both?
- Black-Yellow indoor and outdoor use.
- Reflective indoor and outdoor use = ideal in parking environments; areas with car headlights.
- !!! Photoluminescent and Fluorescent/Photoluminescent Types ONLY FOR INDOOR use!!!
6. Is this material weather resistant?
- Black-Yellow and Reflective typically yes.
- !!! Photoluminescent and Fluorescent/Photoluminescent Types Surface NO!!!
7. Is this material flexible or rigid?
- Bendable, yet neither flexible nor rigid.
8. What is the temperature range of this material?
- From -35° Celsius = -31° Fahrenheit to 80° Celsius = 176° Fahrenheit in normal dry conditions.
9. What is the temperature range of the adhesive?
9. What is the temperature range of the adhesive?
- From -40° Celsius = -40° Fahrenheit to 100° Celsius = 212° Fahrenheit in normal dry conditions.
- If soapy water or frost penetrate the space between adhesive and object surface, such unusually harsh conditions may result in loosening.
10. What type of adhesive is on the adhesive-backed strips?
- Light- and aging resistant, modified, durable Acrylic Adhesive.
- Adhesive Strength: 25 Newton per Inch.
- Type G only: double-sided non-woven adhesive, temperature resistant, modified acrylate adhesive.
- Short term: up to 140° F. Long term: up to 104° F. Adhesive Strength: 37.5 Newton per Inch.
11. What is the purpose/benefit of this material (i.e. withstand impact, guard, align…etc)?
- make protrusions & obstacles along the way brightly visible
- avoid the risk of injury as a person hits the soft, cushioned bumper guard instead of a sharp,
- pointed corner or hard metal object
- protect building features by reducing the damage to corners (imagine carts constantly cutting a corner and damaging the corner edge …)
- protect equipment & machinery
- protect cars in parking environments: avoid dings and scrapes on car paint
12. What is the durometer of this material and the shore scale it was measured on?
- Approximately 55 measured per Shore A
13. Flammability Test:
- DIN 4102 - Part 1: B2 (1998) Reaction to fire tests - Ignitability of building products subjected to direct impingement of flame. EN Class: dfl per EN ISO 9239-1.
14. What is the finish of this material? (textured/ pebbled, smooth, shiny…etc)
- Matte smooth finish for the black-yellow bumpers.
- Reflective patterned surface on the reflective bumpers.
- Shiny smooth finish for the photoluminescent and fluorescent/photoluminescent bumpers.
15. It this material marking or non-marking?
- Bumper Guard itself is non-marking. The Yellow/Black color is accomplished through reverse printing, therefore no outside-surface color application.
16. Is this material staining or non-staining?
- Bumper Guard itself is non-staining. If pulled away following installation, adhesive remnants may be present on surface which should be removed using thinners or solvents.
17. Thickness of this material.
- See individual cross-section graphics for the many Types available for more details.
18. Length of the Bumper Guards.
- 39-3/8” length (exactly 1 meter) on the Torrance shelf, ready to supply right away
- Types A, B, C, E, F also in 16-foot long rolls (= 5.47 yard coil)
- A few types may also be available in 54.7 yard extra-long rolls (please contact us).
- D, G, H and R1 available upon request: in 16 foot long rolls.
19. Weight of material
- Weight varies by type (see detailed items list)