PERMALIGHT® Corner + Flat Surface Foam Guards & 2D and 3D corners
1. What material makes up this cushion?
Recyclable Polyurethane Foam
2. How is this item installed?
Most Types: self-adhesive strips.
Clean surface that item shall be applied to. Remove red-colored protective silicone strip and pressapply
bumper guard to clean, dry, dust-free surface.
Type B: non-adhesive.
Clean surface that item shall be applied to. Press B-groove onto I-beam. If stronger bond is desired,
apply special adhesive (available separately: Item-No.: 83-0789) for improved attachment. Then
firmly press-apply bumper guard type B to clean, dry, dust-free surface.
Several Types NOW NEW: come with Steel Support + 6 Screws/ 6 Anchors. Position Bumper in place,
mark screw holes with pencil. Pre-drill holes, insert anchor, then screw mount bumper to surface.
3. Is mounting hardware included? Yes: screws and anchors for those Bumpers with Steel Support.
NO mounting hardware needed for Adhesive-supported Types and squeeze-on Type B.
4. What can this material be mounted to?
Types A, A+, E, H, H+ and H+Steel: any corner with 90° angle, typically wall corners, machinery,
equipment, overhead protrusions, objects like ladders, mail/delivery carts, etc.
Types B, G: ideal on I-Beam shelves
Types C, C+, D, F: any flat surface, e.g., on machinery, equipment, walls, shelves, equipment, forklifts,
trucks, overhead protrusions; in parking garages to avoid dings and scrapes on car doors.
Type R1 + R2: on pipes and other round obstacles; underneath parking garage gate arms.
Type S1, S1Steel: in loading dock areas; parking garages; where very strong wall protection is
2D + 3D Corners: as end-caps for continuous bumper types A, B, C; on pointed furniture corners
(bookcases, metal filing cabinets, etc).
5. Can this material be used indoors, outdoors or both?
- Black-Yellow indoor and outdoor use.
- Reflective indoor and outdoor use = ideal in parking environments; areas with car headlights.
!!! Photoluminescent and Fluorescent/Photoluminescent Types ONLY FOR INDOOR use!!!
6. Is this material weather resistant?
Black-Yellow and Reflective typically yes.
!!! Photoluminescent and Fluorescent/Photoluminescent Types Surface NO!!!
7. Is this material flexible or rigid?
Bendable, yet neither flexible nor rigid.
8. What is the temperature range of this material?
From -35° Celsius = -31° Fahrenheit to 80° Celsius = 176° Fahrenheit in normal dry conditions.
9. What is the temperature range of the adhesive?
From -40° Celsius = -40° Fahrenheit to 100° Celsius = 212° Fahrenheit in normal dry conditions.
If soapy water or frost penetrate the space between adhesive and object surface, such unusually
harsh conditions may result in loosening.
10. What type of adhesive is on the adhesive-backed strips?
Light- and aging resistant, modified, durable Acrylic Adhesive.
Adhesive Strength: 25 Newton per Inch.
Type G only: double-sided non-woven adhesive, temperature resistant, modified acrylate adhesive.
Short term: up to 140° F. Long term: up to 104° F. Adhesive Strength: 37.5 Newton per Inch.
11. What is the purpose/benefit of this material (i.e. withstand impact, guard, align…etc)?
- make protrusions & obstacles along the way brightly visible
- avoid the risk of injury as a person hits the soft, cushioned bumper guard instead of a sharp,
- pointed corner or hard metal object
- protect building features by reducing the damage to corners (imagine carts constantly cutting a
- corner and damaging the corner edge …)
- protect equipment & machinery
- protect cars in parking environments: avoid dings and scrapes on car paint
12. What is the durometer of this material and the shore scale it was measured on?
Approximately 55 measured per Shore A
13. Flammability Test:
DIN 4102 - Part 1: B2 (1998) Reaction to fire tests - Ignitability of building products subjected to direct impingement of flame. EN Class: dfl per EN ISO 9239-1.
14. What is the finish of this material? (textured/ pebbled, smooth, shiny…etc)
Matte smooth finish for the black-yellow bumpers.
Reflective patterned surface on the reflective bumpers.
Shiny smooth finish for the photoluminescent and fluorescent/photoluminescent bumpers.
15. It this material marking or non-marking?
Bumper Guard itself is non-marking. The Yellow/Black color is accomplished through reverse printing, therefore no outside-surface color application.
16. Is this material staining or non-staining?
Bumper Guard itself is non-staining. If pulled away following installation, adhesive remnants may be present on surface which should be removed using thinners or solvents.
17. Thickness of this material.
See individual cross-section graphics for the many Types available for more details.
18. Length of the Bumper Guards.
39-3/8” length (exactly 1 meter) on the Torrance shelf, ready to supply right away
Types A, B, C, E, F also in 16-foot long rolls (= 5.47 yard coil)
A few types may also be available in 54.7 yard extra-long rolls (please contact us).
D, G, H and R1 available upon request: in 16 foot long rolls.
19. Weight of material
Weight varies by type (see detailed items list)